Sunday 25 March 2012

Back in the zone...

I haven't done an awful lot in the way of stamping or making cards and things since Christmas. I have bought plenty of things to make things with - mainly Tim Holtz stuff and Sizzix things to use with my Big Shot I got for Christmas. I was expecting my website to be much quieter in January and February and planned to get new things made then, but the jewellery sales were still coming so I've just been replenishing stock and making new designs there. 
The only cards I've made were for Mother's Day...

 
I knew I would get back into the paper craft/stamping frame of mind round about now, as yesterday I went to a stamping class at Blade Rubber Stamps in Bloomsbury, London.
My daughter came with me to make a day of it, as the shop is just down a little side road opposite the British Museum. If you like stamping, you could spend hours browsing (and buying!) the whole shop as it is crammed full of lovely things. 
The class we attended was a beginners class. I knew I wasn't a complete beginner, but having never been to a class and having only taught myself by reading stamping magazines and books I thought it was probably a good idea. The two hour class flew by - we could have easily spent the whole day there - but Susie fitted in loads of tips and techniques and we were given a handout with all the information to take home and digest at out leisure (the different inks and what they can/can't be used for is a bit overwhelming to take in without having it written down for reference!). My wish list of things to buy is now longer than ever!

I took a few photos of the class and the samples we made:



 This was my one, using an IndigoBlu stamp. I've only recently discovered them and don't own any of their stamps yet, so it was nice to try it out. 
We used embossing powder and heat guns on our work, which if you've never tried it before you're missing out - it's so cool when it starts to work and all of a sudden the heat whooshes across the image and you have a super shiny design!


How pretty are these? Made by others on the class.

For more information, have a read of the Blade Rubber Blog or Susie's own blog here. We are going back in June for the Steampunk class!

As it was a lovely warm and sunny day, we had lunch outside the British Museum and then had a look around it. There was an exhibition of drawings, etchings and lithographs and we had a quick look at the clocks and ancient jewellery before getting the bus back to Victoria station. We'll do the rest of the museum when we go back in June!
It was a bit sunny! >
  <Big gold boat automaton! 
Awesome clock!>
 
 I've sold a few of my ACEOs and gift tags on my website since adding the Emporium of Curiosities section to it and I am still planning on opening an Etsy shop, so I'd better get on and make some new things to stock up! 

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comments are always welcome (unless they are rude or unpleasant), I'd love to read them!